Masland Carpets is a renowned U.S. manufacturer of high-quality carpets with a history of over 150 years.
The company offers a wide range of carpeting solutions made with the finest materials and manufacturing techniques.
Thanks to their innovative construction, durability, and lasting beauty, the Masland carpet is trusted by designers, architects, and homeowners alike.
Masland Carpet Average Cost
Masland carpets are competing in the luxury carpet market.
As such, they are premium-priced carpets and can get rather costly.
So, how much does a Masland carpet cost?
On average, installing a Masland carpet costs between $5 and $15 per square foot.
So, carpeting an average 200-square-foot room would cost $1,000 to $3,000.
Masland Carpet Cost Breakdown
When installing a new carpet or re-carpeting a room, home- and business owners must consider three separate costs: materials, padding, and labor.
Regarding materials, Masland Carpets is considered a luxury brand. For this reason, Masland carpets come with a higher price tag.
Most Masland product lines cost between $4 and $8 per square foot.
However, the top-tier carpet options, such as natural wool, will cost $12 to $20 per square foot.
|Masland Carpet Series||Average Material Cost per Square Foot||Average Padding Cost per Square Foot||Average Labor Cost per Square Foot||Average Total Cost for a 200-Square-Foot Room|
Carpet padding is an optional step, as Masland carpets can be installed directly onto the floor.
Still, many home- and business owners choose to install padding to provide additional insulation and make the carpet more comfortable to walk on. If you opt for Masland’s padding, expect to pay between $0.50 and $1 per square foot.
The Masland carpets must be professionally installed. Besides being required by the warranty, a professional installation will extend the lifespan of your Masland carpet.
Fortunately, the labor costs represent only a fraction of the total carpet installation cost.
On average, installing a Masland carpet costs between $0.50 and $1 per square foot.
But, if your room is unusual in shape or you’re covering an irregularly shaped area, such as stairs, the labor rates can go up to $5 per square foot.
Pro Tip: If you’re adamant about purchasing a Masland carpet but your budget doesn’t allow for it, check the end-of-line sales. There, you might be able to score a Masland carpet for as low as $2 per square foot.
Masland StrongWool Cost
In recent years, wool has gained popularity as a high-quality, eco-friendly alternative to synthetics like nylon and polyester.
Besides being a renewable source, wool is durable, resilient and naturally stain-resistant and flame-retardant.
The Masland StrongWool carpet series is a collection of high-quality carpets produced using wool fibers sourced from New Zealand.
The StrongWool brand of fiber is engineered to surpass competitors in various ways.
Masland Carpets also follows the Five Freedoms of Sheep guidelines by the Farm Animal Welfare Council.
Did you know? The Five Freedoms of Sheep is a set of animal welfare guidelines that outline sheep’s basic needs to ensure they are happy, healthy, and well-cared for. These include freedom from hunger and thirst, freedom from discomfort, freedom from pain, injury, and disease, freedom to express normal behavior, and freedom from fear and distress.
The StrongWool series offers over 50 luxurious carpets in various styles and colors for every design preference. These carpets also come in different textures, ranging from plush to low-pile.
Considering all this, it’s probably not surprising that the StrongWool series is among the Masland’s more expensive product lines.
On average, Masland StrongWool carpets cost from $8 to $20 per square foot.
Masland Nylon Carpet Cost
If you’re looking for a more affordable option, consider purchasing a Masland nylon carpet.
Besides being more affordable, Masland nylon carpeting comes in a significantly broader selection.
You can choose between over 140 styles of nylon carpet, many available in numerous color variations.
All Masland nylon carpets feature a low-loop design, striking the perfect balance between beauty and function.
Thanks to a wide selection of pile choices, you can find the perfect carpet for all areas of your home and business, regardless of the amount of foot traffic.
These carpets also feature impressive technical specifications.
They are manufactured using BCF (bulked continuous filament) nylon, a popular and high-quality material commonly used in carpet production.
These carpets have a permanent stain resistance of BCF Type 6, highly effective against a wide range of common household stains, including stains from food and beverages, pet accidents, dirt, and grime.
Depending on the line, you can expect to pay between $4 and $10 per square foot for a Masland nylon carpet.
Masland PetProtect Carpet Cost
Homeowners with furry family members will be happy to know that Masland Carpets offer a carpet line produced using the Stainmaster PetProtect nylon fiber.
As the name suggests, these carpets are designed to resist pet hair and minimize unpleasant pet odors.
In addition, these carpets are easier to clean.
If your pet is prone to accidents, don’t worry. Frequently scrubbing these carpets won’t make them fade in color.
In addition, they feature a moisture barrier preventing accidents from reaching the carpet padding or the subfloor.
These carpets are available in 12 styles and several color options.
In terms of price, Masland PetProtect carpets range from $5 to $8 per square foot.
Masland Commercial Carpet Cost
Some of Masland Carpets’ product lines can be installed in both residential and commercial spaces.
However, the company also produces commercial-grade carpets for use in high-traffic commercial settings such as offices, hotels, and retail spaces.
These carpets fall under the company’s eNeRGy series, focusing on sustainable design.
There are currently 20 styles to choose from, 19 patterned and one non-patterned.
Each style is available in multiple color options.
The total cost of Masland commercial carpeting depends on the size of the space and the selected design. Generally, it ranges between $4 and $16 per square foot.
Other Masland Products
Contrary to the name, Masland Carpets doesn’t focus solely on carpets.
The company also produces luxury vinyl planks and hard surface flooring.
These planks are high-quality, stain and scratch-resistant, and easy to install.
In addition, the company produces a wide selection of rugs, including the Infinity Custom Rug Program. Under this program, you can collaborate with Masland Carpets to design the rug of your dreams.
Masland Carpet History
Impressively, Masland Carpets has been operating for over 150 years.
The company was founded in Pennsylvania in 1866 as a yarn dye house. Almost 10 years would pass before the company shifted to carpet and rug production.
Since then, the company has undergone a series of challenges and changes in its operations.
However, it has succeeded in remaining one of the leading luxury carpet manufacturers on the market.
Masland has also expanded its catalog to offer luxury vinyl flooring.
Who Manufactures Masland Carpet?
As the name suggests, Masland Carpets manufactures their own carpets.
This Pennsylvania-based company manufactures traditional broadloom carpets in wool and nylon.
The company owns several manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Who Carries Masland Carpet?
Unlike most widely used carpets, Masland carpets aren’t available at popular home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s.
Instead, you can find these luxury carpets at independent retailers and dealers nationwide.
The quickest way to find who carries Masland carpets in your area is to enter your zip code on the Find a Retailer page of the company’s website.
Thanks to a vast network of retailers and dealers, you shouldn’t have an issue finding a nearby option, regardless of where you reside.
Masland Carpet Reviews
Most online reviews of Masland carpets are positive, which isn’t surprising considering the company’s track record of producing superb carpeting.
Many users single out Masland Carpets as their top carpeting brand based on the quality and durability of the products. Many designers also like working with Masland carpets due to the wide variety of stylish products.
Still, there are some negative experiences with Masland carpets.
Some customers complain about having trouble getting stains out of their carpet and vacuuming pet hair, despite being told that the carpet is pet-friendly.
Others noted that the color of the Masland carpet might fade more quickly if left exposed to direct sunlight for prolonged periods.
Another common complaint is noticing shadows on the carpet area with high foot traffic, which don’t go away even with professional cleaning.
Masland Carpet Care And Maintenance
Proper care and maintenance are vital for extending your Masland carpet’s lifespan and maintaining its attractive appearance.
Here are the company’s guidelines on how to correctly take care of Masland carpets:
- Start with preventative maintenance. Avoid cleaning your carpet only after a mess or an accident. Preventing these from happening can go a long way toward keeping your carpet in top-notch condition. So, consider installing a carpet pad, using a treatment to prevent fading, and removing shoes before walking on the carpet.
- Avoid placing heavy furniture on top of your carpet. This preventative measure will help you avoid damaging your Masland carpet’s weave and preserve its appearance longer. If you can’t move your furniture around, consider placing furniture felt pads under the legs. This will distribute its weight more evenly and minimize carpet damage.
- Regularly vacuum your carpet. This is arguably the most important step in a carpet maintenance routine. Masland Carpet recommends vacuuming light-traffic areas weekly and high-traffic areas daily.
Pro Tip: To ensure maximum dirt and debris removal, adjust your vacuum settings to the pile height of your carpet.
- Remove stains and spills promptly. While most Masland carpets are stain-resistant, no carpet is truly stain-proof. So, when an accident happens, make sure to address it quickly. The faster you react, the higher the chances of preventing a permanent stain. When cleaning a spill, avoid scrubbing the affected carpet area. Instead, blot the area using an absorbent cloth and apply a cleaning solution if needed. Then, rinse the area using cold water and blot it dry.
- Regularly deep-clean your carpet professionally. Masland Carpets advises having your carpet cleaned professionally every 12 to 18 months. The exact frequency depends on the carpet’s foot traffic and your lifestyle and carpet-cleaning routine.
Masland Carpets are of the highest quality. You can prevent damage by maintaining your carpet.
How To Clean Masland Nylon Carpet
Nylon carpets are generally considered easy to take care of. Still, there are a few things to keep in mind when cleaning a Masland nylon carpet:
- Vacuum the carpet regularly using a vacuum with a rotating brush. Make several passes over your carpet, especially if it experiences high foot traffic.
- Clean any spills as soon as they happen. Apply warm liquid to the affected area and use a clean white cloth to blot your nylon carpet until you can’t see the stain anymore. Then, use paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- If the stain doesn’t go away, use a stain remover to fully dissolve it or have your carpet professionally cleaned.
Pro Tip: If you use a stain remover to clean your carpet, rinse the area with lukewarm water afterward to avoid leaving residue that can also become a stain. Then, dry it immediately with a hairdryer or a fan.
Masland Carpet Warranty Information
All Masland carpets come with a limited 2-year warranty protecting against manufacturing defects.
However, not adhering to Masland Carpets’ installation and maintenance guidelines will void this warranty.
Here is some of the most essential warranty information to keep in mind:
- Commercial properties, rental homes, RVs, and houseboats are excluded from the warranty.
- Carpets installed in hallways and on stairs are excluded from this warranty.
- The warranty is null and void if the carpet is removed from the original place of installation.
- The warranty doesn’t cover abnormal use and conditions, including vandalism or damage resulting from a natural disaster.
- Damage caused by pets, such as lingering odors and color changes caused by pet vomit or feces, is excluded from the warranty.
Masland Carpets provides additional warranty coverage for its nylon carpeting. This includes:
- Stain-resistance, soil, and anti-static warranty: Limited lifetime
- Pet-stain warranty: Limited lifetime on pet urine
- Texture retention and abrasive wear warranty: 10-20 years, depending on the line
- Fade warranty: 10-20 years, depending on the line
Pros And Cons Of Masland Carpet
Homeowners having a hard time deciding whether a Masland carpet is the right choice should consider this product’s advantages and disadvantages.
Considering the brand’s reputation and 150-year history, it’s no wonder the list of advantages is rather extensive:
- Masland carpets come in a wide variety of colors, styles, textures, and patterns to fit any homeowner’s vision.
- These high-quality carpets are supported by the company’s excellent warranties and guarantees.
- Masland Carpets uses the Stainmaster technology to protect your flooring from damage.
- The company is dedicated to preserving the environment, using only eco-friendly materials and manufacturing practices.
- Masland carpets have exceptionally low VOC (volatile organic compounds) emissions.
- Masland’s wool carpets use exclusively sourced wool.
Did you know? All Masland Carpets products meet the Green Label Plus requirements set by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI). The Green Label Plus program is a voluntary testing program that measures and certifies whether carpets meet low emission standards for VOCs. To receive Green Label Plus certification, a carpet must undergo and pass a series of rigorous testing procedures established by the CRI.
Of course, there are also some disadvantages to consider before making the final decision.
- Masland carpets are costly, even compared to other luxury carpet brands.
- Compared to other major carpet manufacturers, Masland Carpets offers a limited selection of fibers.
- Masland carpets aren’t available at big box home improvement stores, only at independent carpet retailers and dealers.
Masland Carpet vs Karastan
Like Masland Carpets, Karastan is in the high-end bracket of carpeting brands.
However, Karastan carpets are more affordable than Masland carpets, as well as most other luxury carpets.
On average, Karastan carpets cost between $3 and $14 per square foot.
Despite the price difference, Karastan carpets are no less high-quality than their Masland competitors. These carpets are manufactured using the highest quality raw materials and unique proprietary components.
Like Masland Carpets, Karastan offers wool and nylon carpeting. However, this company also offers carpets made using synthetic yarn.
In terms of color selection, Karastan outperforms Masland Carpets. Some Karastan products are available in as many as 40 color options.
Things are pretty much the same in the style department. But Masland Carpets does have the upper hand when it comes to the variety of carpet textures and patterns.
Karastan carpets are also more challenging to track down, as their distribution is highly restricted. Only a few dealers in each town are allowed to sell Karastan carpets.
Regarding the overall range of products, both brands are neck and neck.
Both Masland Carpets and Karastan manufacture carpets, rugs, hardwood flooring, and luxury vinyl planks.
Is Masland Carpet High-End?
Yes, a Masland carpet is considered high-end.
The company behind Masland carpets is the leader in the luxury carpet market.
Is Masland Carpet Durable?
Yes, a Masland carpet is exceptionally durable.
With proper care and maintenance, a Masland Carpet can last over 30 years.
A Worthy Investment
There’s no doubt that Masland carpets come with a high upfront cost.
However, purchasing this carpet is an investment that is worth the money, considering how high-quality, durable, and eco-friendly these carpets are.
Homeowners who can afford one of Masland Carpets’ stylish products shouldn’t think twice about it.
With proper care and maintenance, these carpets will be their loyal companions for decades to come.